From:
u1004337 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Sep 1999 08:28:12 -0500
Swollen Vulva in the case of my ferret Raspberry, was indeed Adrenal.  I
didn't want the vet taking second guesses when he opened her up as to which
one it was, so we went the conservative route and allowed her tail and part
of her back to become hairless.  My vet told me he has seen cases where the
ferret has been hairless for almost 2 years, had the adrenal gland removed,
and made a full recovery.

I waited with the surgery (about 2 months) until we were sure that the vet
would be able to determine at that point which one was bad.

I have 6 ferrets, 2 dogs and 2 children, so money in my case becomes an
issue.  (1 dog 10 yrs. of age, had a tumor removed, and the other dog also
10 yrs. has been diagnosed with kidney failure so right now money is tight
for me!

I also didn't feel all the probing and cutting would be good for her so
just going in and doing surgery proved to be the best thing.  She fully
recovered and almost one month later, the only thing left hairless is her
tail.  I guess that will take a little more time to grow back in.

Dar and the zany crew:
Tozer, Raspberry, Radar, Macarena (Big Mac!), Smokey & Bandit
and the dogs: Amber and Thunder