Date:
Sat, 20 Apr 2002 08:40:53 EDT
Pictures of tiny old Maria WITH FUR are now up because of the kindness of
Extremeweezils.com.  This site has been my late night relaxation and party
time: looking at cams and movies and reading chronicles.  They have won
numerous awards, had articles in ferret magazines, and give a great deal
to the ferret community.  They are very special people.

Some of you over the months have asked for an update on the ferret that
was bald and purple and burnt with this monstrous pussy thing jutting out
of her, and scars and scabs and part of her tail missing.  My thanks to
all of you.  With the Utah ferrets, and shipping off ferret art, and Sept.
11th, and getting together gifts for GCFA, and then the show I just
attended?  I just never got off the pics to extremeweezils.com.

Currently-Maria is hiding from her warm breakfast.  I have to syringe
feed her now for some reason.  I think she has taken a liking to the cats
kibble.

But she hopped and toddled, ran through tubes, pooped in several
interesting locations, and pestered several of the large ferrets just
yesterday.  She is so tiny compared to Sunny -it is like a miniature
poodle playing with a Boxer.

Her knick name in my mind is C.  She curls up in a C: not all the way like
the other ferrets.  And all too often-her little poopies come out in the
shape of a C.  She rolls on her back for mock battle in a C.  In my mind
during the day-I see her little being in a C shape.  My tiny old girl.

From furless and blistered and purple-to the big pretty head with unusual
markings on a tiny body she is now: I find her enchanting and
irresistible.  She was so malnourished, the vet said, that the x-rays
with bubbles that concerned the vets was really a result of severe
malnutrition.

The result is this ferret the size of a 4 month old, with the body and
head proportions of a ferret not full grown.  I want to protect her and
kiss her and stare at her.... I want to stop stepping barefoot in her
little C poop with that touch of slime.(Dr. says this is o.k. for her.)

I think of her as I drive home. She is the reason I might just smile out
of nowhere in the middle of my day.

Thank you once again Extremeweezils-for your site, for your community
support, and for your helping me with the expense of Marias surgery.

Lisette