From:
Flemming Farms <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Sep 2000 01:07:33 +0800
>have been calling and chatting with Aussies and asking them funny
>questions and asking them to speak English as we do and the DeeJays then
>try to speak with an Aussie accent.  I tell ya, it is just hilarious!

The funniest thing to me is how Americans percieve Australians!  Being
American, I have live in Australia now for a year and I notice all the
differences.  Americans can't get the Aussie accent right.  Heck - even the
Fosters Beer commercials are dead wrong (and rediculas now that I hear them
again).  Late at night, I caught the Good Morning America show just before
the Olympics started and they were in Sydney.  It was interesting to me to
see the American perspective of Australia after forming my own opinion.

>G'day mates!

Um . . . actually this would be a greeting.  In Perth (Western Australia)
most people say "See ya" - even when you know you will never see that
person again or do not know them.  Actually - in Perth there is a great
chance that you *will* see them again!  LOL!

Check out this excellent site for further slang . . .
http://people.enternet.com.au/~goeldner/auslist.htm

>the boy Seanius Stoutus

Wolfy - love this stuff!  Just trying to help you be a bit more
"authentic". <g>  Next time try "bloke" instead of boy .  .  .

> Rockius Stoutus had some fe-ro-cious teeth mates!

Aussies would say "ferocios teeth, mate!" (not mates) even though they are
addressing several people.

>That bugga can be hard to foind.

Bugga!  Excellent! <g>