From:
Ferrets Unlimited Ferret Shelter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Jul 1998 22:58:24 +0000
You know your a ferret shelter when.....

Your vet dedicates an examination room to you.

Your vet bills exceed the mortgage payment

Your food bill (ferret) exceeds the national debt.

In the middle of summer you call around to find wood stove pellets, upon
finding a skid of them, you weasel war dance.

You drive an hour to get 12 bags of said pellets and end up buying the skid
(50 bags), and have to make three trips to get them all home.

The manager of the store where the wood stove pellets are, asks you where
has it been so cold you need pellets?  And you reply it is for the ferrets!
(dumb look on his face - should have had a camera)

You have 50 bags of wood stove pellets in the kitchen, living room and
dining room, all waiting to be hauled up to the attic.

You buy the inexpensive toilet paper and paper towels by the case.

You buy bleach by the case.

You wish you had bought stock in toilet paper, paper towels and bleach.

You can remember all 50 ferrets names (both personal and shelter) with out
a problem, but you forget your kids names.  (I have only two kids, a girl,
uh, I do know she is named after a flower, and a boy, um - the Marine -
yes I actually said that to someone)

A sign in the front window reads: This home is maintained for the safety and
happiness of ferrets, if you don't like that - GO AWAY!!  (OK, so I crosses
off animals and made it ferrets, and I crossed off the please in front of go
away)

The biggest compliment any one has ever give you is they liked your house,
the home revolves around the ferrets, they aren't just a decoration.

When you sit at the computer coming up with you know you are a shelter when
statements when you should be sleeping.

Here is dookin' at ya!

Jean & The Zoo Crew
Ferrets Unlimited Ferret Shelter
Home of Phoenix, Trooper, & Melt Down, II