From:
Apryl Keniston <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Aug 1999 10:19:39 -0400
Hello again all,
corners, all you really need is a piece of vinyl linoleum, some duct tape
and a few plastic cable ties to fix your problem in a safe, sanitary and
really easy way.  Cut the vinyl to measure 4" bigger than the inside
measurements of your cage floor.  Cut 2" squares out of each corner.  Score
the back side of the vinyl 2" in from the edges all the way around.  Fold
the vinyl up around the edges so that it forms a tray with sides.  Tape the
corners together (on the outside of the vinyl) and 'voila', you have an
extremely sanitary, and easy to clean, new floor for your cage.  Simply
roll it inward and slip it through the door of the cage.  Lay it out flat,
poke holes around the sides and use the cable ties to attach it to the wire
sides of the cage.  You can still lift the cage out of the pan for cleaning
debris such as scattered food and hair, but you won't have a nasty mess in
the tray from missed litterboxes.  My ferrets have never tried to detach
their 'trays' and when they do miss, it's quick and very easy to clean up
off of a vinyl floor.  It keeps their cages squeaky clean.  I have 3
Midwest Ferret Playpens and every one of them has this type of 'tray' in
the bottom, as well as both of my quarantine cages.

Hope this helps ANYONE who owns a Midwest Ferret Playpen, or any other type
of cage with an unsanitary or unsafe floor.  In my 'humble' *S* opinion, a
vinyl floor is the ONLY safe floor for my ferrets!

You can also see a 2nd floor addition to a Midwest Ferret Playpen that I
designed myself on my website... www.angelfire.com/tn/rainwitch3

Apryl & The Dweezilville Zoo
(Still missing Butch & Sundance)