Date:
Thu, 13 Nov 1997 09:32:48 -0500
Hello everyone,

It has been awhile since I have posted, but I have been super busy.

Thelma and Louise DO NOT get along and I am still playing with them in
shifts.  Louise is doing wonderfully well after her surgery and I am so
pleased with her recovery.

I think Thelma doesn't like Louise because Louise had "fun" and Thelma
didn't.  So, to make me let her have fun, she got all mean on Louise.  Well,
now my poor Thelma, who is losing all her fur, is going in for surgery soon
to have an adrenal tumour removed.  (At least that's what we think it is.)
She has all the symptoms, etc.  (except for lethargy - this fert just keeps
bopping along faster than a speeding bullet!!)

I just wanted to take a minute to thank people for writing and I am sorry I
didn't get back to some people, but with two shifts of ferrets, and then my
shift of cats, (2) and then working full time, going to school and doing
homework the computer is the last place I really want to be at!!  (I usually
end up typing them up at night and sending them in the morning when I get to
work!!)

I read the anonymous poster from a grieving shelter mom and I just wanted to
add my 2 sense(!) worth - I completely agree with the shelter mom and I am
so sorry that she has to go through with that.  I have had my two cats dies
(while I was growing up we had two cats - they died when I was 19 and 21)
and both times I came from where I was living and went back home to my
parents to bring the cats to the vet to have them put to sleep.  No, I am
not trying to look like a heroine - I cried for two days both times, and it
was absolute hell.  Futhermore, I own two more cats and my two ferrets, and
when Louise went it for surgery and I picked her up, I cried because I was
so happy she was OK.  By owning four pets, I know that my heart is going to
break at least four times in the future, and yet, they give me so much joy
and happiness in my life, that the least I could do for them, is be there
when they cross the Rainbow Bridge.  I applaud you Shelter Mom, and I hope
your post makes some people a little more compassionate towards yourself and
others like you and accept their own grieving time and not pass it on to
someone else.  We need that grieving time, it will help us to heal, without
that you will always wonder - How, Why, Who... At least this way you know
all the answers..

Take care,

Marion, JD, OSCAR, THELMA AND LOUISE