From:
Ted Bartlett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 May 1996 07:54:12 -0400
Hi there,

We might be moving our fuzzles with us to Norway.  Oh, if they don't come
to Norway, don't worry, I'll be taking them home to my parents who have
promised to ferret-sit for a few years...:) (Nice parents huh?) Of course I
want them with me in Norway....but....we'll see...

Anyway, Norway (besides wanting astronomically high 4 month quarantine fees)
requires the following vaccinations and tests:
- distemper
- leptospirosis
- feline panleucopenia
- serologically tested for brucellosis (Brucela canis) with negative result.

My ferrets are vaccinated for rabies and distemper.  What are all these
other things?  Are the vaccines safe?  The feline panleucopenia one - is
that feline leukemia?  Are ferrets susceptible to that?

Finally, someone recently posted about kennel cough - can ferrets catch
that?  I didn't see a reply, so I'd appreciate knowing that - and if they
do, is there a ferret safe vaccine available?

Please would the vets and / or other informed people out there respond soon
soon soon :)

Thanks in advance,
Tanya,
Orville & Rajah