From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Jan 2010 22:25:37 -0500
I lost my first ferret almost 5 years ago. I am still not over that,
nor the 5 others I have lost since then. Most of them adopted from a
shelter.

There is a part of me that wishes I had never gotten ferrets and never
had to go through the heartbreak, yet I would not have wanted to miss
a moment of the joy that they brought me.

I am struggling with this yet again in another new year. Their loss
consumes me day and night. I have had many companion animals in my
sixty some years: dogs, cats, rabbits, mice, a guinea pig, a gerbil,
birds, fish and my goat, yet none of them has affected me the way the
ferrets have.

I have always done what I believed was best and cost was never a
factor. I find ferrets to be a very frustrating animal when it comes
to their health care. Depending on where you live and your options as
to veterinarians, and 24 hour emergency care, well I don't think I have
to tell you...

I will never get over the loss of any one of them, some more than
others. It affects my daily life, especially sleep. I light candles
every day for them...

I have two ferrets left right now.........

[TG]