From:
Melissa Litwicki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Oct 1996 11:37:18 -0400
Hee.  I went shopping for the kids yesterday and got some of the
accordion-style PVC tubes that several list members suggested (thanks!).
It's a stiff but thin PVC that comes at our local HQ in 12-ft lengths.  It
curves pretty well, but is basically inflexible compared to dryer hose.
It's approximately the same diameter, and the ferret's claws make cool
noises as they skitter through it.  I cut it up into sections and cut some
1"x2" holes along the length for light and so that i could watch them
walloping on each other - great fun.

I also got a whole new load of pingpong balls and gave two to the kitten and
Potpie, who live mostly upstairs in the living area (the other three are in
the finished bedroom in the basement).  Potpie spent at least 15 minutes
pushing a ball around with her nose at top velocity - *hilarious*.

A game i started playing with Potpie when she was very young is the
'tumbling dryer' game - i scoop her up in a bunched blanket (on a bed or a
couch) and while she's in the middle, tumble the blanket over and over and
around for a few seconds, then let her out to dance around.  She loves it.
The other three also like going 'sledding' - i hold them up on a slanted
pillow (angle like /) so that they're on their backs and their heads are
hanging down, and i let them slide down the pillow on their backs to the bed
(or couch).  Also adored by all.  They'll climb to the top of the pillow for
more.

Noodle is doing well - he's still slow, and due to the fact that i've been
giving him the meds he prefers to sleep in John's lap instead of mine. I
guess i've fallen into disfavor. Dorky ferrets. :)

Melissa

      Melissa Litwicki                              "Is it ... atomic?"
      [log in to unmask]                             "Yes! VERY atomic!"