From:
Especially Ferrets <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 12:51:25 -0600
A few years ago, I used to pitch in on the orders to RCF with a lady named
Marilyn Moreland.  Marilyn provides most of the small mammals to a chain
of Pet Citys and Petlands.  I considered the RCF ferrets to be of good
quality, except maybe a little more aggressive than most other breeders
that I have encountered.  They have a tendency to get larger, and grow to
be be quite healthy and long lived.

My problem with RCF is their ethics.  I found out that Marilyns cure for
biter ferrets is to cut off their canines with a pair of toenail clippers.
I have seen her do it and I have had her brag to me many times about doing
it.  I currently have two ferrets in my possesion that she has done this
awful and cruel procedure to.  I have also turned her into the state vet
several times each time I hear about it.  I have clients who have ferrets
with cut off canines, who tell me Marilyn did it to their ferret too.  At
first, I didn't really believe she would do such a thing, but when I
actually watched in horror as she did it, i believed!!  I have quit doing
any kind of business with her and siezed two little girls from her, and
when she arrived at the shelter with the police, she was advised that she
had to sue me incourt and win them back.  I know that no court in this
world would give them back to her and so did she.  She dropped the matter.

I called RCF and reported this cruel bx to them and not only do they
continue to sell her ferrets, they won't ship to me.  They don't believe
that she would do such a thing.  It's just as well, I prefer to keep
things arould here ethical, and Marilyn, if this post has injured your
business in any way, sue me.

Ferretguy