Date:
Thu, 11 Jan 2007 05:52:55 -0800
I just wanted to tell the 128 people who emailed, snail mailed, or sent
cards how much I appreciate their words of condolence for the death of
my mother. I will reply to each message when I return from the North
American Veterinary Conference in Orlando. Thank you so much!

I will be in Orlando Florida tomorrow and will remain until the end
of next week. While in Florida, I would be happy to visit clubs or
shelters. I know this is a last minute invitation, but I wasn't sure
I could drive to Florida until this morning. If I flew, I wouldn't be
able to have made the offer.

After NAVC (I'll be giving 4 presentations to vets on ferrets, diet,
enrichment, and the use of natural history to improve husbandry), I am
driving to up to Washington DC for some last minute Smithsonian work
that will finish my ferret research there. Then I am returning via
Pittsburgh down I-70 back to Columbia. I can stop and talk to visit
along that route if asked and I have the time.

On Feb 3, I will be at the Idaho show, although I just confirmed it
with them and they may not actually know yet. I spazzed out during my
granddaughter's birth and my mother's death and apparently forgot to
confirm I would be there. But I will attend, and I think I can make
some stops on my way there and back, assuming I am driving and not
flying. If the weather is acceptable, I'll drive and can make the
stops, but poor weather will force me to fly and any stops would be
problematic. I could 'drop in' I suppose, but the sudden stop would
be murder.

In March I will be in California at Sacramento and Pasadena, although I
also just confirmed those talks for the same reasons as above. It will
definitely be a drive and I'll be happy to stop and visit if requested
and I have the time, but I cannot ethically give presentations or
discuss my presentation subject matter during the trip without prior
permission.

I am planning to drive to the IFC Symposium in June, but while I am
happy to stop and visit, I cannot ethically give presentations or
discuss my presentation subject matter during that trip without prior
permission.

I will be checking my email daily while in Florida, so if Florida clubs
or shelters want a quick visit, let me know ASAP (or anyone else on my
return route).

Again, thanks to all for your kind words of encouragement and
condolence after my mom's death.

Thank you so much.

Bob C   [log in to unmask]