From:
"Kurt D. Springs" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 May 1996 17:08:42 -0400
Hi,

I haven't posted to the FML in some time.  Mhaire and Kian are doing well.
They're bouncing cuddling sleeping and other ferret things.

I've caught up with most of my reading.  The one story that stood out was
that of Foggy, the little ferret whose feet had to be amputated.  It made me
sad that a person could treat such a wounderful little creature like that.
Dayna is to be praised for her work with the little guy.

On that note I would like to ask if some sort of prosthetic (sp) devise
could be fashon to restor more of Foggy's mobility.  Eventually, the stumps
will callous over an Foggy will be able to get around, but he'll never have
quite the mobility other ferrets have.  My thought was inspired by a story I
once read about a cat whho lost her paw to a trap and was give what amounted
to a "peg leg".  Perhaps something that will allow him to climb with aid of
artificial claws.  I'm just brain storming at this point.  Anyone else have
some ideas?