From:
Kit West <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Feb 1996 21:28:05 -0500
I had a most unique experience Monday afternoon.  I'm not overly fond of
baths, you see, and my Dad's SO has very severe asthma.  Well, I love my
people, so I'll put up with an occasional bath.  I won't let my Dad forget
that I don't LIKE 'em, though.

Dad's SO suggested that, since there was a problem in the building with the
kitchen water pipes (I usually get my baths in the kitchen sink), that he
take a shower with me.  He wasn't too sure about this, but he decided that
he had nothing to lose.  He carried me inside, closed the door, got the
water running in the bathtub (oh, no, I KNOW what THAT means!), and pulled
the curtain across the inside of the tub.  Then I heard a click and there
was a funny sound.  He picked me up and we got into the shower.  (Hey!  It's
RAINING INSIDE!  There's a hole in the roof, Dad!) It wasn't half bad (but
don't tell HIM that -- he might get ideas).  A little ferret shampoo, a
quick rinse, half a war-dance, and I found this really cool rubbery thing
that pops when you pull on it.  I don't know what it's for, but it was sure
fun to do, and Dad did his own little war dance.

Y'know, I could get to like this shower stuff.  But at least I know what
that funny sound is.  And Dad says people wash like that all the time.
Humans!

Bear