From:
Amber Boyher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 May 2001 20:12:26 -0500
Hi everyone, I haven't posted in awhile due to being extremely busy with
work and college (thank god for summer break) now hopefully I can keep up
with the FML.

Good news I finally took Mr. Fuzz and Pandora to the vet last week, after
putting it off for almost a year dreading bad news.  For those of you that
may not remember me I am the one with two 5 year old ferrets in Houston and
have written here a couple of times asking for help on litter training,
hairballs, normal ferrets energy level...etc.  I am glad to say that the
vets overall opinion of my ferrets was very good.  He did however alert
me to the fact that Fuzz's spleen was 20% enlarged.  Which poses me with
the following question:

Assuming that his spleen continues to grow larger over the next couple of
years what might I be dealing with?  My vet alerted me to where the spleen
was located and I am going to keep a close monitor on it, but am wondering
what visible signs develop and what ailments may develop from this?
Personally I do not believe in surgery at his age, seeing what effects
anesthia and the stress of surgery have on animals I will not put him
through such a stressful ordeal in order to prolong his life for a couple
of months.  To my great surprise Pandora came back with a clean bill of
health and her fat belly is just that fat, giving her a hefty weight of
2.5lbs, 1/2 under Fuzz.

On another note I would like to ask everyone why there is so much bickering
going on on the FML nowadays?!  Everyone is entitled to their own opinion,
and no matter how hard you try to change someone's opinion on certain
subject matter they are not going to change.  Everyone has their own
beliefs and ideals, why must we attack each other for these things when
there is really no defined right or wrong way to view things.  Bickering
over who is right and who is wrong only leads to stronger and harsher
feelings towards the subject matter and generally veers off into personal
attacks at peoples character.  If Zen chooses not to take his ferrets to
the show due to testing or be it "other issues", so be it..is he such an
important person that the FML needs to direct so much attention towards
this one guy?!

Also Tim Fowler, please keep in mind that accidents do happen and in no way
indicate how good of an owner a person is.  Fuzz suddenly jerked away from
me one time while I was trimming his nails causing him to bleed and that in
no way indicates that I am not a worthy ferret owner.  Some accidents are
preventable, and then some are totally unforeseeable and unpreventable.

I send out all of my best wishes and hope for all sick and injured fuzzies
and their owners.  May you have the strength to surpass it all.

Amber
Mr. Fuzz, Pandora, and Alf

Can't we all just get along?!  To err is human to forgive is divine.