From:
Karyn Otta <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Jan 1997 09:16:41 -0600
Hi everyone..I've been lurking for a while and have enjoyed all the stories
of the little fuzzies.  The support of the readers seems to be really great.
I have a question to ask, but first let me introduce my little ones.  I
bought both of my kids just before Christmas.  They were so cute that I
couldn't pass them up.  The first, Scuttle, is a male dark sable.  He's such
a trouble maker..into everything (imagine that!).  His brother, Sebastian,
is a beautiful cinnamon.  I call him "babyface"; he's got the cutest
expressions and he's so loving.  Both have been descented and neutered..
bless their little hearts.

Now for the question..forgive me for not getting the name (I'm new at this),
but I read the posting about the ferret having a seizure.  I didn't think
much of it until last night.  I was getting ready for bed and decided to
check on the fuzzies, who were fast asleep in their cage after a long night
of play.  I figured they needed one more good night rub, so I reached in.
Usually when I open the door, they both jump out of the hammock and race to
the door.  Scuttle just looked up at me, from underneath Sebastian.
Sebastian was lying on his back, on top of Scuttle, with his feet in the
air.  I picked him up, and he was limp...My heart started racing, as I hoped
he would wake up.  I pulled him out of the cage and laid him on the floor,
but he just laid there.  His eyes were open, but blank, and he wouldn't
move.  As quick as it happened, he began to get up.  Though somewhat
disoriented, he was fine.  After a good looking over, he was returned to his
cage and began to play like normal.  I've been watching him, and he seems to
be normal.  He drinks and eats, and plays till no end.  I did notice about a
week ago, there was a small runny stool in the cage in the corner, but I
don't know which one produced it.  It was just that one day though.  Oh
yeah, the only difference in the diet is that I've started giving them a
little ferretone in the food (they won't taste it off my finger), only for a
couple of days.  And about a week ago, I gave them a little banana one day,
and little apple the next.  Help!!  I'm worried about my little critter..
he's so adorable, I'd hate to see something happen to him.  I've downloaded
the info on insulinoma, but he's only about 2 1/2 to 3 mos old.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated...

Karyn
Scuttle "oooh..what's in here?"
Sebastian "Mom..he's at it again!"