From:
Jon-Anne Elise Sieffert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Dec 1994 22:50:20 -0500
to Sherman Dorn:
    Ferret hammocks can be easy to make, and inexpensive.  i learned a
neat trick from the former owner of one of my ferrets.  he would take an
old t-shirt and simply knot the sleves and two bottom corners of the
shirt to one end of his cage, making a square hammock.  if you have a
large cage, you can make a triangular hammock in the same manner in a
corner.  they are inexpensive, and easy to wash and change (this comes
in handy when the evil flea season strikes.)  i recomend this method
because it is yet another way to recycle, and the ferrets love the
hammocks i have made.

to Dr.Williams:
    One of my ferrets, Big, recently had a cyst removed from her front
left paw.  it was fine, and healing well for two weeks, then my
boyfriend and i noticed that her stiches were swelling up circularly in
the form of the cyst that was "removed."  is it possible for a cyst to
come back, and if so, is it because not all of the cyst was removed?
also, what is a cyst, and how do they develop?  (how did she get one in
the first place?)

thanks...
jon_anne, who cleans up the litter
bartok, who plays in the litter