From:
Sunny Cook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Jan 2002 13:38:41 EST
Well, the responses on other animals was great.  But in each instance the
animal was defending its self.  The goats out of their normal environment
with children.  Yep, if I was caged with a hundred children coming through
my area, I'd attack.  You will notice most fairs and zoo's these days are
closing there petting zoo's or at least making it so the children cannot
go into the cages.  This is not just for the sanitation or the children,
but for the animals.  There are not enough trained personnel to watch the
animals and to remove them when they become upset.

The rooster, I failed to mention in my little story that I was one of 5
children and being the second of them I did see my younger siblings throw
rocks ect at this bird.  He was defending his turf.  We did however, in
the end catch him move him to a larger farm area where he could roam
without us kids hassling him.  (I personally was glad he would crow right
under my window and his clock was off.)

But in every instance you will see (my opinion again) that the animal is
removed from his comfort zone and he or she is just trying to protect
itself or its offspring's.  But we as the dominating big thing seem to
think that we are always right.  We are a disposable society.  We protect,
do now and think later and the animal suffers.

We need to become more responsible for our animals and our offspring not
only by teaching them but by learning from them.  We need to listen.  OOPS
I am preaching.

None of us are perfect (not even me) I catch myself telling my children
(the real ones) not to play so hard with my babies cause it causes them to
get to excited and then mean.  Then when I play with them I do the same
thing.  Its like anything in life we have to continually remind ourselves
and check ourselves on what we are doing.

Sunny