From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Jun 1997 18:25:00 -0500
Lately we have all had more than a little fun at the expense of the Bay
County Animal Control and Michigan Public Health defense of the mysterious
manner in which Kodo was possibly infected by a rabid bat.  We have been
enjoying the wild stories about "Stealth Bat" or an "Invisible Houdini Bat".
We talk and post at length about these wondorous creatures which can sneak
in unnoticed, pick locks, bypass security systems, etc.  None of this was
ever put forward in any of the testimony or public statements from these
people.  Their point is simply this, that we cannot absolutely prove that
Kodo was NOT infected by a bat.  Nothing more and nothing less.  We should
all be ashamed of ourselves for making up all these bizarre scenarios and
trying to make them look foolish.  There is a simple and completely logical
explanation which covers the possibilty they describe.

The Bat was Romulan

It came in cloaked.  Beamed into the cage.  Infected Kodo with the
extraterrestrial rabies strain (which has the much longer incubation
period).  Then beamed out, activated the cloak and disappeared unnotticed.

There!  It's all there.  It all makes sense.  Now don't we all feel silly
for all this BS about invisible, lock-picking bats?

[MD]