From:
Eden Rain <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Aug 1996 14:45:54 -0700
Please help:
After going round & round looking at catalogs etc. Bill & I decided that we
wanted a custom designed cage for our ferrets & commissioned John, a friend
who's a professional cabinetmaker, to build it for us.

It's beautiful, it's @ 4 feet wide by 4 feet high by @ 34 inches deep, has
2.5 platforms above the floor (I wanted them to have lots of room to play
chase) a nestbox (with it's own door so they can feel private byt arent
really out of your reach)  and a full height door to the main area so we
can reach the guys at any level.  The top is half wire for ventilation and
half a solid shelf to store ferret supplies on.  All the floors are of
white laminate board so they're easy to clean, the ramps between the levels
have little rungs on them for easier traction, the upper platforms and
ramps are removeable for easier cleaning, and the woodwork on the frame is
completely finished - all the screws have been plugged in and it's stained
a nice dark walnutty tone.  This is the ultimate in deluxe ferret housing.
There's only one problem:
we wanted the cage to go into our basement computer room so the guys could
hang out with us down there where it's cooler, but not be endangered by the
oodles of un-ferret-proofed stuff that we keep in there, however when I
gave John the approximate dimensions that I wanted I failed to measure the
door to the basement room first.  (a door is a door right?? wrong!)  Well
naturally we turn out to have an extra small door to our basement room and
the cage cant be gotten in there without completely disassembling it &
destroying the quality of the woodwork.

So I'm hoping there's somebody else out there in the Seattle area that
might be interested in purchasing this deluxe ferret home for their
fuzzies.  I think it could happily house 5 or more ferrets per standard
numbers quoted in cage catalogs.  We'd like to get what we paid for it since
it's brand new & basically unused.  Please let me know if you'd be
interested in it, or forward this to anyone you know who might be.  sorry I
cant post a picture, but I dont have a web page yet... As soon as it's sold
we plan to have John build another, taking into account the size of the
doorway ;->   [I'm not posting the price since BIG objected, but will gladly
give any info you wish by email.]

Eden and her 3 guys: Misha, Lemke & Bill (the human one)