Date:
Wed, 1 Jun 2005 01:56:26 -0700
Hi FerretLovers,

I have been pondering the idea of joining the AFA.  After seeing the post
about the cookbook I thought why not check out the membership now, since
the link was so handy.

Well, I go to the page only to be hit in the face about being a
California ferret fan.  As a ferret lover that resides in a ferret free
zone of California or Hawaii we are charged a nice little "extra" 33%
higher fee than the other ferret lovers in the rest of the USA!!  It
is bad enough we have to sneak around like the criminals we are (or
aren't depending on whether we possess a ferret or not ), but now we
are "punished" by our own community!!  I don't get it.  Does it cost
more to mail stuff to California?

I understand Foreign addresses costing more.  When I lived overseas I
paid "extra" postage to get my magazines and such.  But really, it is
hard enough trying to survive in this anti-ferret climate without getting
"stoned" by one of the very associations that should be (at least) kind
to us.  I don't know why this burns me up so much, but it just does.  It
isn't really quite the $$ part but the principle part.  They should be
ashamed.

Okay I will quit for now and get off my soapbox,
Hugs and dooks, Mary Jo (slinking away with an evil eye look)