From:
JOSEPHINE HANSEN <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Aug 1998 15:11:10 -0700
Hi !!
i wanted to answer the post asking for tips on inexpensive toys for the
babies, i know of a few and i hope toget some new ideas from others who
want to share,

i found that so called ferret toys are not very amusing, and in our case it
has been a waste of money.  Truls loves to chase around an empty Coke bottle
(plastic) that keeps him occupied for a good 20 minutes, also i prepared an
empty roll of toilet paper with treats inside and close the ends by folding
them together, Liza goes Nuts!  also plastic bottles different sizes filled
with rice,macaronis beans etc, any type of empty boxes, i rip out pages from
my old magazines, wrinkle them and put in the box, for tubes i use
inexpensive ones that i bought at a hardware store, i also made one very
colorful with bits and pieces of old clothes, i made balls with cloth i
filled with rice,(can hang from a rubber band) and babyrattles are fun too,
emply round box of oats, old handbags, the best thing i bought was a krinkle
sac for cats, they love to wrestle in it!  about the only thing worth every
cent.  my next thing will be a sand box... i am always looking for things to
entertain them with, i hope you can use any of this !

Josephine