From:
Kathy Gallagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 May 2002 10:32:18 -0400
>From:    Heidi Lepak <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: get more ferrets?

>Rocki at the time was almost 7 and the youngest was 2.  My husband
>calculated that is the youngest lived to 8, which is the average old age,
>it would make us 61 at that time.  He said, I don't think we should get
>any more ferrets after this, so that we will be able to travel and not
>have the responsibility of taking care of ferrets.  Though he as well as
>I love them dearly.

My husband is urging me to cut back on the number of ferrets I take in
each year and limit myself to foster care for my ferret fixes.  Almsot as
good as having real ferrets, but someone else foots the medical bills, and
if something happens and you can't care for them, they have place to go
back to.

Like you we are both 48, our youngest ferret is 1 yr old, our oldest is 10
yrs old.  We would like to be able to travel and have a manageble number
of ferets.  Right now the magic number is under 10.  If I only get one new
ferret every two or three years (last year we took in 9 resuces, bought 1
kit, and were given 1 kit as a gift) we might get the numbers down to a
manageable level in 10 yrs.

We have 22 ferrets.  So far this year I've managed to avoid keeping 4 more
ferrets.  It's still early.  LOL!

KG