Date:
Tue, 9 Jan 2007 10:01:30 EST
>From:  Tootsie Mead <[log in to unmask]>
>
>Since so many ferret owners are having problems with chicken or
>poultry allergies, why can't we as a group, or many individuals,
>contact a good company that makes ferret food, such as totally ferret,
>etc and let them know about problems existing with poultry allergies
>and see if they can come up with a special diet for ferrets? using
>lamb, duck a a base instead of chicken/turkey, etc. or even offer a
>turkey blend without chicken additives, etc? Does anyone know of a
>company that might go along with working on this? This really does
>need to be addressed, due to so much IBD and allergies to chicken!
>Only a few inquiries will not do it, we need many inquiries.

Hi!

EVO has another no grain food out now, called Red Meat dog food
Ingredients:Beef, Beef meal, Lamb Meal, Potatoes, Egg, Sunflower Oil,
Buffalo, Lamb, Venison, Beef Cartilage, Natural Flavors, Herring Oil,
Ect. Basically the rest is like their other no grain food. I did try a
sample on my guys, but they didn't go for it. I might try again and
moisten it first.

>From:  Chere McCoy <[log in to unmask]> Subject: EVO
>
>I changed from Feline Nuture (we had been using that for over 10
>years) to Evo in July 06, Have noticed a remarkable improvement
>in coats and shedding as well as overall health and attitude. We
>researched the food and it is by far the best when it comes to
>Protein and Fat content. Please note we are feeding EVO dog food,
>NOT Evo Ferret Kibble.

Really....what is the difference in all these new grain foods? Between
Dog/ Cat/ Ferret? They are all high in protein, no grain, good meat
based foods. I personally have always felt that ferret foods were
just high priced cat food. IMHO. I have a bag of Natures Variety Raw
Instinct for my Siberian and the Cat for the fuzzies....exact same
ingredients...just the protein in the dog is 42 % and the Cat is 50 %.
And they are shaped different. Does anybody REALLY know what the exact
food requirements are for ferrets? (besides being strict carnivores)
Polecats in the wild don't worry about "balance" in their food. And
they survive just fine.

Joan Vick (ferrets since 1977! )
Riley, Jenny, Lacy and Elijah
and 21 Angels waiting at the Bridge