From:
Ariel White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Oct 1998 10:28:46 -0700
I rescued a tiny female ferret from the SPCA last Thursday.  I was only
supposed to be fostering her until we found a permanent home... but it
didn't take me very long to decide that I wanted to keep her forever.

Kayla is a 6 month old Chocolate Panda with the biggest, most gentle black
eyes you've ever seen.  Even after 6 days at the SPCA, and who knows how
many days wandering around lost before that, she was a little lady who
didn't bite and only wanted a little attention.  Her delight was boundless
at being brought to my house, cleaned, fed and played with.  After a
pronouncement of healthy, I introduced her to my big lugs, Baxter & Jasper.
 She adored both instantly; she follows them around the house in a state of
infatuation.

I've never met a ferret whose life exudes such joy and gratefulness
combined with courage and spirit.  She seems constantly thankful, gently
inquiring for my attention and coompletely thrilled as I give it.  She
dances around my house continuously.  How could I not keep such a reminder
of grace in my life?

My first rescue, a wonderful lesson in love.  I don't know if this is the
way it is with rescues, but I can sure understand how people end up with
20 ferrets.

God bless them all.

Ariel, Jasper, Baxter & Kayla