From:
TwoSpooky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 May 1997 02:02:04 -0500
>The Applellate Court brief was very short, and actually it was ferret
>friendly, focussing on language issues in the CDC Compendium of 1997.  It
>stated firmly that execution (why do they call it euthanasia?) is NOT
>mandatory in all cases involving animals in whom shedding periods are not
>conclusively determined.

I've been wondering the same thing.  I have always considered euthanasia to
be defined as "mercy killing," a last shot for a poor fuzzy (or human, if
we weren't all so squeamish about it, but that's of course MHO :) near the
end.  This is *not*, in my philosopher's picky opinion about semantics,
euthanasia -- it is indeed simply the completely unnecessary *killing* of
an innocent animal.

Calling it euthanasia is just another attempt by TPTB to sugar-coat a
reprehensible act by slapping a euphemistic label on it.

GO KODO!!!

-Tasha

"It has been said that man is a rational animal.  All my life I have been
searching for evidence which could support this."
                                        -- Bertrand Russell