From:
JT Speikn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Feb 1999 18:59:08 +0000
Hi everyone.
This is the first time I post.  My girlfriend and I had a fiasco the other
day when we found out that our two ferrets ate six or so oreos (actually
they were Famous Amos' oreo-like cookies) from our cookie box.  She thought
I ate them, I thought she ate them, and we found out they ate them after we
picked up three oreos behind the couch.

My girlfriend then noticed that one of our ferrets was doing this hacking
action, but not exactly "hacking." We fed her lots of water and ferretvite,
hoping that she would digest whatever she was having trouble with.  Her
tummy is huge for two days now, and she's usually the hyperactive type but
she's been really lazy and has been a baby to my girlfriend - which worries
us.  She sleeps a lot, which we're assuming is good.  Otherwise, she eats
well, drinks well, sleeps well.  She poops a tiny amount, though.  The
other one we think is fine.  Her tummy is slim and normal, eats well, poops
well and plays well.

What worries us is what my girlfriend read somewhere a while ago about
chocolate not being good for ferrets and that they can even die?  She looks
fine to us, but she's still only four months old and we're a bit worried.
My girlfriend's been down with a flu so I haven't been able to take the
ferrets to the vet.  Hopefully we can take them tomorrow.  Until we get
some positive feedback, we've got one girl sick and one ferret acting sick,
so please tell me if you know anyting about ferrets eating oreos.

Thanks in advance.

JT