Date:
Wed, 11 Jun 2008 14:47:46 +0000
Dear Ferret Folks-

From the looks of Ping and Puma over the last few days you'd think they
were a married couple having a fight, with each partner relocating to a
separate couch! It was VERY hot here in New England for a few days, and
being covered in fur, I guess the two just couldn't bear to touch while
sleeping. Every time I looked into the cage, I would see one ferret per
hammie, one looong stretched out ferret per hammie. We kept the fan on
for them all the time, but it wasn't enough. I know the feeling. It
wasn't quite enough for us hoomins, either. I tried giving them bags
of frozen vegetables and bottles of frozen water but they just ignored
them, and lay there looking like ferrets that had been stretched out
like rubber bands, and had failed to snap back into shape again. I
understand. I didn't get much done, myself.

Last night, though, HALLELUIA!!! A cold front arrived with a truly
impressive display of thunder and lightening, and it is a good fifteen
degrees cooler today than yesterday, drier, too. And, viola! Ping and
Puma are reunited, curled up into an intricate knot with one another.
I can't tell where one ends and the other begins. There is a foot
sticking out here, a tail there. Even their fur looks perkier this
morning.

They woke up exceedingly refreshed and full of energy by 8:30AM and
I let them out to romp and stomp. They destroyed the house for about
forty five minutes, then returned to the cage on their own. As I type
this, I can look over my shoulder and see a big, contented ferrety
lump in their favourite hammie. A foot here, a tail there. Whiskers
sticking out in all directions.

Ladies and gentleman, the ferrets are *back*!

Alexandra in MA