From:
David Doyle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Nov 1996 05:23:04 -0800
Hello friends!

I am up at 5 am on a Saturday morning....sleepy....coffee do you trick!  Got
my spotting scope and binoculars, ready to go to the local marsh and do data
recording on different duck species for my waterfowl ecology management
course at the college (part of my wildlife degree).  Well, I just can't help
think about how Ducks Unlimited (a very substancial organization to increase
duck numbers in the wild) is afraid of domestication of ferrets in
California.  After all, Red Fox is the chief predator of duck eggs and
nesting hens.  Like I have said before, I still don't believe that domestic
ferrets could establish very well at all in the wild.  Am looking for _any_
feedback and discussion on the list about any viable populations (100 at
least or more individuals) of breeding domestic ferrets in the wild.  Will
ask my professors at school if they have heard of any also.  Looking forward
to some debate!

     David Doyle
     Wildlife Ecologist