Date:
Tue, 7 Nov 1995 10:19:00 CST
Colloidal Silver - We've been using c.s. for 2 months now with good
results.  One consideration is the ppm (parts per million).  The local
health food store version has 3-5 ppm, however, we buy directly from Silver
Wings which is 270 ppm.  Poto has an enormously enlarged spleen but she has
a heart condition so surgery is not an option.  Her spleen has decreased at
least 50%.  She is also taking the Spleen-Lymph Complex and Immune System
Complex.  If you remember earlier posts about little Maggie who has the
second esophagus - she also takes c.s.  and has not had any more problems,
there is no fluid build up at all in the second esophagus.  C.S.  is the
only med she is taking.  C.S.  also seemed to help Sunny (lab/brit mix) with
his rheumatoid arthritis.

Tom and others in MO - Contact Dr. Bobbi McCanse at the KC Ferret Hotline
at 816-842-3707.

Kansas - As far as I know, Ferret Family Services is the only ferret
organization in Kansas.  We do public presentations and information booths
but do not hold ferret events.  Until ferrets are classified as domestic
and not killed if they bite someone in Kansas we will not hold events. I
won't put even one ferret at risk.  I do take ferrets on the presentations
because hands on is the best way to teach. They are monitored closely.

Teddy Bear is my 8 1/2 yr old female.  I noticed fluid build up in her
abdomen and irregular breathing so we went to the vet.  Teddy's heart
beat was irregular, 3 regular one short then longer between the next. We
also took blood for a heartworm test.  Teddy is on Lasix, Enalapril and
Digoxin (the digoxin caused her tummy upset so we've taken her off of it).
Teddy's entire family was cancerous and she is the only survivor and the
last of my original breeding line.  Our goal is to keep her as comfortable
as possible.  Please keep Teddy in your thoughts and prayers.

Oh and one last thing - on arthritis - shark cartilage has seemed to help
in dogs. (BIG - Sorry, thought this might help others too as many of us
are multiple species guardians)

Condolences to all who have lost a beloved family member.

Hugs.  tle