From:
Linda Iroff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Mar 2002 09:09:00 -0500
Here's a suggestion for an alternative to the $1 a month to SOS for those
of us who have a hard enough time with the hassles paying bills every
month.  Electricity, mortgage, water, gas, credit cards... The only thing
one is sure to remember to pay is the internet service bill--don't want to
risk being cut off from the FML! :-)  [That's a joke, BTW.  BIG]

Anyway, as I see it the point of the $1 a month is to insure a steady flow
of $s to SOS.  An alternative could be to send a check once a year on your
birthday.  Since our birthdays will be fairly evenly spread throughout the
year, it would serve the purpose of a steady flow of money.  And since
you'd be saving on 11 stamps a year, why not round the amount up to $15!
And everyone remembers when their own birthday is, right?

So give a gift to ferrets on your birthday; they give a gift to you every
day!

Linda Iroff
birthday June 21