From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Apr 1997 11:57:30 -0700
To the Person with The California Questions:

>1) What are the actual penalties for being in posession of sevral each
>of fuzzies/hedgehogs (I have 2 ferrets and a breeding pair of hedgehogs)

Well, If the cops are in a good mood, It could possibly be a large fine.  If
they are in a bad mood, It could Possibly be a large fine and time in Jail.
Sucks doesn't it?  Oh AND They will also take away all of your Heggies and
Ferts to some terible place and they won't ever tell you what happened to
them.  :(

>2) How hard do they check these things when going into California (and
>if I mention them at the Canada/US border would they tell the California
DFG (they ask where you're off to when crossing the border))

Well when I crossed from Nevada to California They didn't check at all.  We
got to the guy that checks us (of course the ferret was under a blanket) and
He says "so do you think it's gonna snow" and we says "I hope not" and he
says "Have a great day folks" and we says "thanks" and we drive away.  Safe
and sound.  I am not sure about the canada U.S.  Border thing.  You might
want to fly to.  If You are in Canada, You may want to consider flying to
Nevada and then driving to California.  Are you planeing on going to Nothern
Ca, or Southern Ca?  And also of course, You may not have to worry about
your fuzzies.  Within the next few months ferrets may be legal In
california!  I am not sure about your Hedgies though.  I don't even know if
anybody in Ca is even fighting for Hedgies to become legal in California.

Hope this helps.

The two cutest ferrets in the world