Date:
Sun, 15 Jun 2003 22:09:40 -0500
Lord help me!  My son (18) brought home an adorable black barn kitten.
Looks to be about 6 weeks old.  I currently keep the ferrets in their
cage or the playroom.  The kitten will have free run of the house
(probably).  How do I keep the kitten from eating the ferrets?  I've
heard several people talking about the cats and ferrets get alone, but
how do I introduce them?  I know how to introduce a dog that can't jump
the baby gate, or a new ferret that can be kept in a separate cage, but
the kitten can't be put in a cage and she can easily jump the gate.  (he
did ask first, but I wasn't thinking about the carnivore issue until I
saw the kitten licking her cute little chops while looking at my babies).

I seem to be running into allot of problems all at once.  Thanks again to
all of you wonderful and patient people with so much more experience than
I have.

Shelley