From:
Christian Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Jan 1995 02:33:20 -0500
I would just like to relay to you the funniest experience I've ever had
with our ferrets.  In particular was Noah, our most recent addition.  I
have one of those big butter buckets that restaurants get, any of you
in the food industry should know what I'm talking about.  If not, it's
a smooth plastic bucket about a foot tall, and about 1 foot in
diameter.  Anyways, I use it to let the water sit until I can add it to
the fish tank...  Today when I let out our feasels they instantly had
to see what was in it, and what it was!  Feasel (will be 2 in April)
climbed up, and BALANCED herself on the edge, stuck her face down to
the water, and.... took a drink!  When she was done, she left it for a
second.  I could tell right away what Noah was thinking, "If Feasel can
do it, so can I!"  (Noah is only 2-3 months, mind you.)  Noah struggled
as she climbed to the top of the bucket.  She leaned over the top...
leaned, bent, stretched, and FELL RIGHT IN to the bucket of cold water!
Boy, was she shocked!  It took her almost a minute to get to the top of
the bucket, but once we heard that *splash*, she was out of that water
in a second!  After that initial laughing over the situation, we did
dry her off, and then give her the towel to play with. :) <G>