From:
"Scarlett A. Gray" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Apr 2002 11:10:43 -0500
For Julie and any others looking for a ferret knowledgeable vet in
Columbus OH.

Heart of Ohio Ferret Association & Rescues endorses Dr. Dan Beer, Care Pet
Clinic, 1744 E.  Livingston Ave, (614) 252-4353.

Dr. Beer is knowledgable in adrenal, insulinoma, lymphoma, cardiomyopathia
along with other ferret illnesses.  He even has an up and running CRYO
MACHINE for adrenal surgeries.  He carries Meril's new distemper vaccine.
He attended the AFA Vet Symposium in Boston last year.  He has clinic
days just for vaccinations and does vaccinations on Weds. evenings at a
couple of the Petcos.

He treats all the HOFA shelter ferrets and treats all my ferrets from my
ferretry (Scarlett's Happy Dookers).  He even comes out to the shelter and
does rabies clinics for all club members once a year.  He's wonderful with
the ferrets and has a great "bedside" manner.

Only problem is his is a small practice and it's only him, so he has no 24
hour emergency services.  God forbid but for that I go to Dr. Alec Land,
Easton Animal Hospital (614)476-0000.  Other club members use other vets
closer to their homes.

Hope this information is helpfull.  If you go to him - tell him referred
HOFA referred you!

Scarlett Gray, Shelter Director
Heart of Ohio Ferret Assoc. & Rescue