From:
Karl Meyer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Tue, 8 Feb 1994 17:07:51 -0500
To Bernard and Chewie,
     It's not an uncommon habit for ferrets to attack feet, but it's one that
has to be stopped if the nips are more than just mouthing. My male did this for
a while when I first got him. After a week of thumps on the nose and exile to
the cage when he bit too hard he stopped nipping. Now he just licks toes once
in a while which tickles but I can live with that. I think part of it is that
they don't seem to realize at first that your feet are part of you since their
eyesight isn't that good. They seem to like sneaker inserts as well, but I
question the taste of any animal who'll happily chew bar soap....Yeachhhh.