From:
msperling <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Jun 1998 05:57:21 -0700
Hello everyone,
couldn't help but smile when I read the post about Kaytee Fiesta Food for
ferrets..  Since working at Petsmart for over three years all new kinds of
food has been delivered here.  I used Kaytee Canary Food and it is very high
in nutrients etc..  but that is for birds.  In ferrets they have offered
that *soft*food for ferrets that mine hated with a passion.  I would be very
leary of using Kaytee for ferrets with fruit in it.I wonder if the company
knows that too much fruit may cause intestinal problems?  As for the
Nutriphase brand food,it is a generic type food made for Petsmart and it is
aimed at being less costly than name brand foods.  I myself have been very
leary because when they first came out with it for Guinea Pigs(which I had
five) none of them would eat it and being that I worked there I was very
embarrassed to return it so I did not.Only because I wokred there..In the
end what ever food you use should have the protein and fat content that is
right for the animal that is going to eat it.There is nothing wrong with the
Nutriphase food but since it is spanking brand new I wonder just how much
research was done for whoever makes the food about the quality and fat
content etc.I also am wondering just what company produces it?  I know that
for another generic brand the Ralston Purina Comapny was making Authority
food for Dogs and Cats..All pet food must meet quality control they just
can't place in items that are known to cause problems all pet foods must be
inspected and tested though to what extent I do not know.  The reason I am
telling you this is because working at Petsmart company ,representatives
come into our stores and speaks to us about its products.

I hope I have helped somewhat about generic brand foods.

===
please visit my web page at: www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Towers/4908
"Don't be afraid to dream..for out of the most fragile dreams come miracles"