Date:
Sat, 12 Apr 2008 12:27:16 -0500
You never really know how strong a ferret is, that is until you leave
a case of Science Diet A/D cans on the living room floor.

As usual when I got home from work my arm were full as I entered our
home. I only have one chance of getting in quickly before more of the
ferrets know I'm home so I stack my arms full of whatever needs to come
in - typically grocery bags, newspapers, and water jugs. I had to put
stuff down to pick up ferrets for hugs and kisses. One of the items was
a box of 24 cans of A/D.

After snuggles I picked up what I could and marched off to the kitchen
with ferrets in tow anxious for their evening recipe. In the kitchen
I swept up the scattered crumbs and kibble, rinsed and refilled the
water bowl, washed their plates as their recipe container warmed in the
microwave. One minute and 50 seconds later I was shaking the recipe,
stuck my finger in the top to make sure it wasn't too warm, then poured
it into the plate. Several ferrets lapped as if they'd not eaten for a
week (they get recipe morning and night, EVERY morning and night). Then
off to the bedrooms to grab the plates to wash and replace and fill
with recipe for the by choice bedroom kids. More water bowls to wash
and refill, kibble to sweep up, food bowls to refill.

By this time I headed for the living room to let the beastie boys out
of their cages and saw the A/D case sitting where I left it with Cyborg
fast approaching. I stood watching as Cyborg explored the case then
latched on to the plastic and pulled - only accomplishing moving the
box an inch before he produced a tear in the plastic covering. Cyborg
contemplated the situation briefly then grabbed the cardboard of the
box and tugged as he backed up. This effort moved the box a bit more
and spurred on his enthusiasm. I watched intently as he inched
backwards taking a break now and again to get a better grip on the box,
closer and closer to the tube, his intentions clear - he was trying to
move the box 4 feet to put in the tube!

How sad that when he reached the tube he was unable to pull the box in
through the 5 inch diameter opening....

Ferrets, Gotta luv em!

tle
www.ferretfamilyservices.org