From:
John T Monkman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Wed, 2 Sep 1992 01:03:49 -0400
Newsgroups: rec.pets
Subject: Ferrets and Wind

I've noticed that my ferret, Gus, acts funny if I blow on her face (what
doesn't make a ferret act funny? :-) ). She starts licking at the air, and
tries to climb in my mouth. I've also noticed that whenever she is exposed
to any kind of breeze, she trys to go towards it. If she's in a car, she
tries to climb out the window, not just stick her head out, like a dog does.
The other day I was trying to see if she would stay on my shoulder while I
ride my bicycle ( she'll stay on my shoulder when I walk around), but she kept
trying to walk off the edge of my shoulder. She's normally pretty relaxed when
she's on my shoulder. I had to hold her to keep her from falling. The only way
she would calm down was if I rode at a walking pace. I was just wondering if
all ferrets do this. Also, does anybody have any suggestions for carrying her
on my bike or motorcycle? I can put her in my backpack, but she doesn't like
being stuck in there, so I don't want to do that.

Jay Monkman