From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Jun 2001 19:14:30 -0400
Megan wrote:
>They also gave me Brewer's Yeast to give him, but I thought that I had
>seen in the FML that B.Y. would lower the blood sugar level IF a ferret
>had insulinoma.  I mentioned this to a vet and he said that that was the
>exact opposite of the truth.  I haven't given him any of it yet and would
>love to hear anyone's thoughts on it and where they got the information
>that it was not good for a ferret with this type of cancer.

There is some new info out on this that your vet may not have encountered,
yet, that's all.  Go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Ferret-Health-list
and get the posts on Brewer's Yeast from ferret-expert vets like Jerry
Murray, Karen Purcell, etc., or search for such corss-posts in the FML
archives at http://listserv.cuny.edu/archives/ferret-search.html .

There's so much info out there that at times somethign very new may not
be known right away by all.  Vets have a LOT f species to keep up-to-date
on and that isone heck of job on top of that of treating.  They are
admirable folks (something you can let your's know even when yo udo present
new info in a friendly fashion).