From:
"Brian J. McGovern" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Jun 1995 05:37:17 -0400
Don't know if anyone has thought about this yet, but one way to generate
some pain for both HSUS and CBS would be the small-claim court system.
(lawyers, speak up and let me know if this makes sense). It costs $20
for you to file the complaint, and you can sue for up to $2000. Were
enough people to file complaints, I'm sure both would change their stride
rather quickly (if nothing else, because of the bad publicity they would get).
I wonder if defermation of character could be used here... I'm also sure
there is something about goverment agencies spreading misinformation on the
books, as well. Comments? Ideas?
        -Brian

[Moderator's note: Small Claims Court can only recover monetary losses.
It won't work for stuff like keeping the govt from spreading info. BIG]