From:
Melissa Litwicki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Oct 1996 15:30:22 -0400
Well, we laughed:

Easel's hind right leg was amputated at the knee when she was a very young
kit.  When i got her, i lamented that she'd never be able to scratch her
right ear (and we know how ferrets love to scratch) without stretching the
limits of even ferrets' abilities to contort (and we know how twisty they
are, esp.  kits).

So, last night, Easel tumbled out of the hammock and started scratching her
ears with her left hind leg.  Twist, twist, and she still couldnt *quite*
get that spot in her right ear.  So she starts trying to reach it with her
right leg - she can just barely reach her ear with the stump, but if she
loses concentration she just ends up waving her stump around in the air.
John and i saw this and collapsed with laughter - Easel instantly stopped
and STARED at us, obviously saying, "What's so funny, dorks?" before
continuing trying to scratch her ear with her stumpy leg.  So we pulled her
out and gave her a good hard scratching, which she loved.

:)

she's perfectly competent at jumping, climbing, dooking, dancing, and
galloping across the room, btw - even more so than our other three :)

melissa and the 3.95 ferrets

      Melissa Litwicki                              "Is it ... atomic?"
      [log in to unmask]                             "Yes! VERY atomic!"