From:
Sandy E Schieman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 May 1996 21:38:03 EDT
Greetings, Salutations and HOWDY!!!

(Ruh roh!  Did I use exclamation marks??  Did I CAPTILALIZE letters???
Dang, I just put 3 question marks after one word!!  It must point to a deep
seated Freudo-Jungian psychosis with underlying hostility toward the
application of 'Netiquette' in ferret-related relationships.  Lord help me!)

Stay with me folks.  I'll settle down in a minute.  Here I be done been
sicker than heck for three weeks with a mystery gut virus, haven't been
online for awhile, am suffering serimous FML withdrawl, am crankier than a
tomcat that got his whiskers burned off by a pimple faced-snot nosed-
teen-aged moron with a crew cut and tatoo of Adolph Hitler on his forhead...
(Whew!  Hang on while I catch my breath) Suffice it to say that I'm cranky.

I've been sicker than I would ever wish upon an advocate of Netticute; but,
beware, I'm feeling much better now.

I finally got back to work today and came home to find a phone message from
a very dear friend.  I had told her, and a few others, how badly I had been
feeling and my concern that it might just be something serious this time.
She called to see if I was OK and to say that many folks were writing to
her, inquiring about me.  Her call inspired me to sign on, for the first
time in a long while, and let folks know that I'm OK.  When I sent the
letters, I found many, many incoming posts waiting for me.  95% were kind
and ferret-related.  A few stuck in my already sore gut.  While none of them
were directed at me - they were forwarded by friends who had recieved them -
I took each and every one of them as a personal affront.

Those of you whom have come to know me will remember that Paw Paw does not
put up with any doodoo, especially when I'm feeling cranky.  I'm an Old Fert
and have earned the right to be a curmudgeom when I feel the need.
Therefore, as I've said many times before and will say again, THIS LIST IS
ABOUT FERRETS AND THE PEOPLE WHO LOVE THEM!!!!!!!!!  (Take THAT!!).  May we
please forget about all the stuff that we don't like about each other and
talk about the wonderfull critters who brought us together?  Who cares how
many !!!!!  and CAPITAL LETTERS someone uses?  As long as they are doing
something positive and helpful for ferrets, I say "MORE POWER TO THEM!" Why
must small people try to hurt them and denigrate their unselfish efforts?

I know that BIG has often pointed out that private 'flames' have little
bearing on the FML at large.  I am quick to agree with his position.  What
bothers me is that these unpleasent, private, letters frequently spill over
into 'spark wars', insinuations and public statements that 'someone is full
of it.' - or something of the sort.  What bothers me even more is that
people with a common interest and love can put their own predjucises and
personallities before that love.  I'm as guilty as anyone of this.  Those of
you who remember my post on the "SO" isuue willl recall that, while it
received much support, had absolutely no place on the FML.

I guess I've rambled on for way too long already.  Suffice it to say that,
contrary to rumor, I'm still alive and have my opinions.  I just get upset
when ferret-folk find reason to try to hurt each other.  At the risk of
doing so, I say, "Take your 'Nettidoodoo' and take it someplace else.  It
does not belong here." At least, that's my opinion.  Now, may we please talk
about ferrets?

Paw Paw (Michael J. Schieman)

"I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees." - Dr. Seuss.

"I am the Paw Paw. I speak for Tater and Odie." - Guess Who?