From:
"Bill Gruber, FML moderator" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Oct 2000 03:55:36 EDT
WOW, putting this FML together was a lot of work.  Many posts rejected
since they were rather blatant flames: in fact, I think I've seen it this
bad only once or maybe twice before in the years I've been doing this.
A few of the milder ones I left in, possibly due to poor judgement at
4:00 AM.  I hope it's not too bad.  The last half of the FML contains
all the related posts.  Yes, nearly HALF the FML!

The funny thing about all of this though is that I think we're really all
on the same side here.  OK, perhaps the author of the original post was a
little vague in her wording, but it's clear to me (now) that all of us are
really concerned about the ferrets' welfare.  Meanwhile this fact seems to
have been lost as the discussion took on a life of its own and branched out
to all sorts of things.  But sadly, mostly unproductively so.

In case it makes a difference the original poster has decided to leave
the list.  She did send a note essentially clarifying her position and
apologizing for the original wording, but it contained a "P.S." which
quoted private email and I thus found it unacceptable.  I hate to see
anyone leave the FML out of anger, but let's get on with things please.

Bill