From:
Benny Pyron <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 May 2002 04:45:45 -0400
Melody, the,witty, writer of wacky weasel bits of sunshine.

I want to thank you for making me laugh for the first time since may 5th,
the day I thought i"d lost my 16 1/2 year old son.  He was in a horrific
single car(his) 2x rollover accident.  He swerved to avoid some baby
geese.  He was not but 30 seconds from home.  Thank God, he had no head
injuries, or actually any other severe injuries BECAUSE he wore his SEAT
BELT!  However, he did sustain a very serious set of injuries to his arm
and hand.  He's had 2 surgeries already.  He can make the motions of
making a fist, but that is all the movement he has in his hand.  His skin
on his left arm(Which went out the window, which he would have too if not
for his seatbelt.  He felt himself going out, but his seatbelt held him
in) Let's just say, there was no skin left, the tendons were exposed.  He
was in the hospital for 4 days.  He has a very long road of healing and
therapy ahead of him.  My heart just rips apart seeing him in this pain.

So, If I'm slow writing back to anyone, I'm still in some sort of fog.  I
know he's alive.  I',m beyond grateful, but this.....This was just too
close.  Oh by the way, we drove up on his accident not 5 minutes after it
happened. I hate to have him learn about chronic pain like mine(3 spinal
surguries-2 of the fusions)He's only 16.

To all of you that know about my new baby(settlement from the pet company)
Chance is doing wonderfully.  He's got the biggest feet of any baby I've
ever had!  He's very dark, and he KISSES like crazy.  I just adore him.
Nikki's surgery went well, she bouncing back fast.

Thanks to all of you.  I know this isn't an accident mailing list but, I
just felt that there are a lot of you that may have wondered why I wasn't
writing.  Maybe if I write it enough, or talk about it enough, it won't
scare me as much anymore.  Thanks for being there when I needed friends
most.

Sincerely, Sue & Crew
Princess, Tori, Oscar, Sammy, Nikki, AND!!!!!!CHANCE

From the Bridge,
Samantha, Smokey, Bandit, Boots, & our little, tiny Lucky