From:
Linda Mooring <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 May 1998 17:02:31 -0700
I called the campaign offices for Dan Lundgren, Gray Davis, Al Checchi,
and Jane Harman.  I got pretty much the same response from all the aides I
talked to in each camp: They received some information and calls about
ferrets, but were focussing their energies on the primary issues
(healthcare, schools, etc.).

As usual, ferret legalization is small potatoes compared with the other
election issues in California.

The only smidge of positive light I found came from under Al Checchi's door.
Since he is financing his own campaign, he's answering to no special
interest groups.  In other words, no one is buying him out.

Gray Davis, on the other hand, is sponsored by the Sierra Club (which we
already know opposes ferret legalization here).

Mudslinging aside, Al Checchi does seem to have some strong ideas about
where to take California.  I'm willing to throw my vote his way if no other
candidate provides a stronger ray of light for ferrets.

Any opinions from those in the CFL, FA, or CDFA camps?

(I'm voting by absentee ballot, so the sooner I get this done, the better!)

Happy voting!

Linda M. (ferretless for 4.5 years now)

Oh, and vote for Jan Goldsmith for State Treasurer!