Date:
Tue, 20 Mar 2012 13:34:32 -0700
Just letting my friends know I am on my way to California. Requests for
stopping were somewhat over the top, and I had to drastically cut some
of the zig-zags to accommodate gas prices, time, and the occasional
spring/late winter storm. This trip will be out I-70w to I-25 and a
decision will be made then for the remainder of the route -- based
entirely on weather. The return home will be I-10e initially, but
again, it might vary depending on weather. When the route firms up
better, I'll be contacting people.

My deepest apologies if this disappoints some of my friends. I still
have a few things on my bucket list, but "death from weather-related
causes" is not one of them. Most of my storm chasing days are over. :-)

For those within travel distance of Sacramento, the 2012 Ferret Round
Up is going to be great this year. I'm doing a new presentation on
ferret husbandry and health (I'll address many of the more
controversial topics with an unbiased view), but what will steal the
show will be Jeanne Carley's ferret photos and Allison Parker's film,
"Jake and Jasper." I never turn down a chance to see Jeanne's work,
and I can't wait to watch Allison's film. It will be great!

I'm off to brave the storms!

Bob C