From:
Bob Church <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Apr 1996 02:10:40 -0500
Well, I finally made it home.  Anyone flame me while I was gone (and it was
safe, tee hee)?  The meetings were great (yeah, right)....and the evenings
were even better.  You haven't lived until you have the post-tequilla shakes
the morning of an 8 am paper presentation.  Almost an out-of-body
experience....and judging from the bright red and glazed-over eyes of some
in the audience, it was.

Thanks to all those who sent photos of ferrets; I was standing at the
computer terminal looking at them, and a grizzled old archaeologist walked
by and asked what type of rat I was viewing.  Before I could say anything, a
sweet young thang next to me said "That's not a rat, that's a ferret," and
went on to cast doubts on the man's educational heritage.  i was just
wondering who else was reading my mail over my shoulder, and if the acidity
of her remarks would etch my glasses.

Well, we discussed ferrets over red beans and rice, and she was quite
interested in joining the FML, not being aware of it's existence.  (Now if I
can only get her interested in osteology instead of ceramics....she said I
was a bonehead and I said she'd gone to pot and had a shardy reputation.) I
think she said she had three beasties, and lived in the Hate State of
California, but I could be wrong.  It was hard to pay attention, being
easily distracted by this huge mass of almost orange hair that was defying
gravity in a most unscientific fashion.  So be forwarned.  If someone with a
sharp tongue and evil wit makes their presence known, it's not my fault.
Blame it on the people who sent me fert fotos.

I got a whole heap of mail, not to mention lots of back FMLs, so it may take
some time in responding to FML people.  Be patient.  I'll try to answer
everyone before I have to go to California in May.

For those of you who are on the fence about meeting other FMLers, let me say
it's great!  I visited four members this past week, and all of them were not
only nice, but decided if TLE could abuse me, they could as well (I think my
forehead is tatooed "Verbally kick me!").  I felt like I never left home!
It was quite difficult leaving any of them; most kept me up very late, one
tried to lock me in their garage, and one tried to feed me to their goats.
But all-in-all, a fantastic experience.  They all loved my luxuriant and
thick flowing hair and put up with my witty anti-California Fish and Game
remarks.  (If someone says I compared the combined inteligence of the Calif.
F&G to that of a pithed frog, do not believe them.  Its much lower.  Nor do
I believe they purchased thier degrees from the ACME School of Science,
Divinity, and Truck Driving.  The white-out under their names on the degrees
clearly indicates the only money that exchanged hands was to the burglar who
"obtained" the diplomas for them) Only problem with the visits was that I
ruined a pair of boots cleaning them with clorox so I wouldn't spread ECE
(But worth it, and my fault, not theirs).  Well, not ruined; but they look
kind of funky now...I'm cool.

In any case, I'm looking forward to meeting more of you next month.  And
sorry Barbkitty; I got your message too late to reply or drop by.  I'll make
sure I do in May.

Bob and the 13 Reunited Weasels-O-Fun