Date:
Tue, 15 Aug 1995 20:03:32 PDT
Hi Fellow Ferret Enthusiasts!

I am so happy to have finally found you.  In all the years I have had
ferrets, I have never known anyone else who had even seen one before!  I
must say that I was very touched to read that I'm not the only person who
has become extremely attached to my ferrets.

I want to say to those out there who still think that ferrets are evil
creatures, never knew my Timmy.  Unfortunately, he was put out of his
misery on Friday evening after suffering from the horrible birth defect
lymphoma.  He was the first pet I ever had on my own and he was the
greatest creature ever to live.  He was by far the most loving animal I
have ever known.

Now Marisol must carry the burden of "baby of the family".  She was
purchased at 1 month of age when Timmy was 2 years old because I thought he
looked bored.  Well, he accepted her like she was the greatest thing since
Ferretone.  They became instant companions and I have ever since been
thankful we got her.

Unfortunately, she is not quite as loving as Timmy was.  Where Timmy would
come up to me when he wanted to snuggle, Marisol comes up to me when she
wants a good nip on my ankle.  She's only 1 1/2 and I'm still hoping that
she hasn't outgrown her baby phase yet.

When we manage to get on with our lives (without Timmy), I plan to get a
friend for Marisol, just like she was for Timmy.  But I must remember that
the new friend is not just a toy, but our baby as well.  I just hope she
accepts it as well as Timmy accepted her.

Thanks for being there during this very difficult time.