From:
Lisa Carswell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Jul 1999 17:24:25 PDT
Less than a week after moving back home to Georgia from Indiana after
attending Notre Dame, I've been forcefully reminded of one of the things
I -didn't- miss about my good ol' Southern home...the bugs.  Specifically,
those tiny gnat-like bugs that my granny calls "drunkards." They buzz
around the fresh tomatoes I have sitting on the kitchen counter, they
appear by the thousands if I cut a watermelon, and if hanging around trying
to devour microscopic portions of my produce weren't bad enough, they hover
around the ferrets' cage, specifically, around the litter box.  This isn't
because of the lack of litter cleanliness, as I or my daughter clean the
box on a daily basis.  I could probably prevent their hanging around by
scooping up each poop as it happens, but that's certainly not feasible.
So I'm wondering if any of you good people know of any safe way to combat
them, any plants or herbal concoctions that the little buggers find
repellent but that won't harm the fuzzbutts.  Any advice would be
appreciated.

Dooks,
Lisa
Mom of Zorro, Claudia, Loki, Fezzik, and Crysin