From:
Melissa Drake <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Nov 1998 09:42:21 -0500
CDC, breeder in Manitoba, supplies all the ferrets to PJ's Petstores, since
most of the PJ Petstores are in Ontario, which, bizzarly enough, only
regulates ferret breeding for fitch.  :P

Randy at the Ferret Aid Society has worried about this breeder, but the girl
in PJ's I know say 'Well, we used to have Hagen, but they're terrible!' so
CDC seemed the better of the two.  CDC also seems to breed a more exstensive
amount of colours than Marshall's.

Other than that,she told me she tends to get at least one or two 'too
young' ferrets in the batch of ferrets the gets, that are not properly
weaned(she hand weans them) and I've seen times where the ferrets they get
are all young, and other times when they look two weeks older (8 wks as
opposed to 6 wks) when they get them.

Mel